ARPA and Guilford
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Guilford, like nearly every community across the nation, is the recipient of federal funds through the American Rescue Plan Act. Guilford’s total allotment is $633,091.14. These funds can be used for a variety of purposes in the community, ranging from covering losses from COVID to making investments in the community’s future. The Selectboard moved very quickly at the outset of the ARPA program and developed a grant process, which awarded $74,695.00 to individual households and businesses to cover previous losses.
ARPA Advisory Committee.
The Selectboard then appointed a five-person ARPA Advisory Committee to make recommendations on how to allocate remaining funds ($558,396.14). The Committee made their report to the Selectboard on December 9, 2022. All ARPA dollars must be obligated (have a target allocation) by December 31, 2024, and all ARPA dollars must be expended by December 31, 2026. All decisions for their use rest in the hands of the Selectboard. What is the purpose of ARPA funding? The Federal ARPA program provides governments across the country with the resources needed to:
- Fight the pandemic and support families and businesses struggling with its public health and economic impacts
- Maintain vital public services, even amid declines in revenue resulting from the crisis
- Build a strong, resilient, and equitable recovery by making investments that support long-term growth and opportunity
The ARPA Advisory Committee’s process to assist the Selectboard included three phases:
- Phase I. Seek Community Input about Potential Uses for ARPA Dollars, August 1 –September 6
- Phase II. Survey the Community, September 7 – October 20
- Phase III. Evaluate Survey Data and Report to Selectboard, October 20 – December 16
The process is complete, and the report has been submitted. See Report to the Guilford Selectboard on the Awarding of ARPA Funds from the Guilford ARPA Advisory Committee.
Jaime Durham, chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Killay, secretary, email@example.com
Patty Bullock, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Holland, email@example.com
Vickie Sterling, firstname.lastname@example.org