As a Point-of-Sale license agent for the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department, the Town of Guilford can receive your payment (by cash, money order or check payable to The Town of Guilford) and issue new and renewed Fishing & Hunting Licenses.
You may also purchase (by Visa or MasterCard) your license and tags at the Fish & Wildlife Department’s website.
HUNTING LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
An applicant for a hunting or combination license must present either:
- A previous or current hunting or combination license from any state or Canadian province, or
- A certificate or a letter of proof showing satisfactory completion of an approved hunter safety course from Vermont or any other state or province, or
- Other satisfactory proof of prior license or hunter safety certification.
A person may be able to obtain a copy of the license from the clerk or agent where the last license was purchased. Alternatively, a notarized statement signed by the clerk or agent is sufficient proof.
A person under age 16 must have his or her parent or guardian sign in the presence of an issuing agent to obtain a hunting license.
Archery License Requirements
To purchase an archery license a person must present either:
- A certificate of satisfactory completion of a bow hunter education course in Vermont or another state or a province of Canada, or
- An archery license from Vermont or another state or a province of Canada valid for any year, or
- Other satisfactory proof that the applicant has held an archery license.
Trapping License Requirements
The law requires that an applicant for a trapping license must present either:
- A previous or current trapping license from any state or Canadian province, or
- A certificate showing satisfactory completion of a trapper education course, or
- Other satisfactory proof that the applicant has previously held a trapping license.