Vehicles on town highways that weigh more than the posted weight limit are required to have a Uniform Municipal Excess Weight Permit.  Permit applications are reviewed and approved (or denied) by the Selectboard and the Road Commissioner.  Permits are valid for no more than one year and expire on March 31 of every year.

The Uniform Municipal Excess Weight Permit Application is available at the town office or can be downloaded from this page.

The permit fee can be paid by money order or check, payable to Town of Guilford.  The application and payment can be sent to:   Guilford Town Office, 236 School Road, Guilford, Vermont 05301

Uniform Excess Weight Permit Application