Guilford Recreation Commission Meeting
Thursday November 10th, 2022 6:30-7:30pm
- Attendance: Mary Wallace-Collins, Kelsy Allan, Chris Zappala, Ashley Kane, Verandah Porche ( selectboard liaison)
II. Call to Order: 6:35
lll. Approval of Minutes: October 2022
Minutes were approved unanimously
lV. Finances: $3550 available. Eric requests reimbursement for invoices from maintaining website, including Google suite account, the domain name, and hosting the website. The total reimbursement is $186.56
Also, if any Commissioners have outstanding expenses for the Commission, a reimbursement form was sent via email and can be filled out and submitted.
V. Old Business:
- Future Events at BBCC (we have scheduled reserved spaces at BBCC) There was some discussion about possible future Rec. Commission events at BBCC in December, including distribution of the nordic ski equipment.
- Halloween rehash —While Commissioners were pleased with the Halloween event at the BBCC, there were a number of suggestions for “next year”, including having more games for the children, and not scheduling it on the same day as the annual Trunk or Treat. It was suggested a live band such as the local, “ Dysfunctional Family Jazz Band” play at the next Halloween party.
- Nordic Ski—As the Rec. Commission readies its annual distribution of nordic ski equipment, Commissioners will be contacting the Guilford School and the homeschoolers for applications. The BBCC was mentioned as a possible place for distribution of skis and equipment in early December.
- Playscape —The Playscape path still needs clearing and attention to slow the invasion of weeds. It was suggested that an outside contractor be contacted to maintain the walking paths.
VI. New Business:
-The Rec. Commission needs to recruit new members. We brainstormed ways to do that.
– Thinking ahead to Winterfest 2023, we will be looking for ways to involve other organizations.
– The Rec. Commission voted to maintain level funding for the next fiscal year.
-The shed behind the Town Hall has a mouse infestation and needs attention.There was a question of whether the shed is just for Recreation equipment or if other town committees use it also. Someone had stored wet bags in the shed, fouling some of the Halloween decorations.
VIl. Adjournment: 7:35pm