Recreation Commission Minutes, 01.12.2023
Guilford Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes 1-12-23
- Recognition of Public: Commission recognises Elina Koumjian, who is considering joining the Recreation Commission.
- Attending members: Mary Wallace-Collins, Kelsy Allan, Ashley Kane, Chris Zappala, Verandah Porche, Selectboard Liaison.
- Call to Order: 6:33pm
- Announcement that Regan Beebe has resigned from Recreation Commission.
- Introductions by each member to Elina. Elina introduced herself. Mary gave an overview of the Rec. Commission activities.
Winterfest: Winterfest will be held Sunday, February 12, at the Guilford Fairgrounds. Refreshments will be offered between 12 and 2 pm.. If there is no snow the Winterfest will be cancelled. Activities will include, sledding, a firepit, hot chocolate, popcorn, apples, and s’mores will be provided. Rec. Commissioners will have extra sleds available.
There was discussion about advertising the Winterfest, particularly, creating a flyer and notifying the school about it.
The Rec. Commission will reach out to other town organizations — the Rec. Club, The Conservation Commission, the Boy Scouts—for additional input and assistance at the Winterfest.
- Nordic Ski Program Update: Three sets of skis and equipment have not been picked up. Mary will contact these participants.
- The Rec. Commission website is difficult for The Commissioners to update and adjust. Verandah informed the commission that the town has hired someone to coordinate and upgrade it’s websites.
- Mary Wallace-Collins, Commission Chair, will be away for Winterfest and for regular February meeting. Commission made a verbal agreement to coordinate Winterfest preparations via email.
- Meeting Adjourned: 7:17pm