Recreation Commission Minutes, 04.13.2023
Guilford Recreation Commission Meeting
Thursday, April 13, 2023- 6:30-7:30
Members Attending: Mary Wallace-Collins, Ashley Kane, Elina Koumjian, Chris Zappala, Verandah Porche, selectboard liaison
I. Recognition of Public: no public present
II. Call to Order:
III. New Additions:
no new additions
IV. Changes to Agenda:
V. Approval of Minutes:
Minutes from last meeting on March 22, 2023 unanimously approved
VI. Old Business:
1. Egg Hunt: scheduled for 4/29. Rain date will be April 30
- Jelly Bean Jar Guess —-Winner at the End Closest w/o going over Wins a Basket with arranged goodies)
- Sac Races
- Some Type of Ring/Ball Toss game.
- Egg Toss (Plastic into a cardboard cut out decorated Bunny mouth)
- Egg relay race
- For children who are limiting their candy intake, there will be opportunities to trade candy for toys or other items.
- Two Baby Goats
- possibly baby pigs or chicks
Parade: (All Mary & Chuck the beaver to Lead)
- We have a small basket of egg shakers
- Mary has a small basket of musical hand instruments also
11-11:30am – People gathering, checking things out, Counting Jelly Beans, Visiting Animals
11:30am-11:45am – 0-6 year olds Egg Hunt First
11:45-12pm(ish) – 7 and Up Egg Hunt
12pm-12:40pm – Kids exploring the games, animals, their candy
12:40 pm – Announcement that the Parade will begin in five minutes & help pass out/gather kiddos with instruments
12:45pm – Mary calls the Parade to Start. Chuck & Mary lead them on an adventure through the fields and ending at the Playscape.
$3550 there has been $725.38 in expenses, leaving $2,824.62 in your budget.
2. ski returns
Mary will send out email to participants to return skis to her front porch (where the skis and equipment were for pick up.)
There was a discussion about how to expand the program for adults.
3. Playscape and ADA (town has information on ADA)
There is not a high demand from Guilford Cares to have the walkway be ADA compliant so the selectboard has not made this a priority.
The Commission revisited the idea of having a Playscape Committee. The Commission will solicit volunteers for this committee with a sign up at the Playscape.
VII. Adjournment: 7:18pm