SELECTBOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Zon Eastes (chair), Verandah Porche, Tara Cheney, Rusty Marine, Michael Becker
STAFF/OFFICIALS PRESENT: Erika Elder (Town Administrator), Dan Ingold (Emergency Management Director)
PRESENT IN PERSON: Austin Rice (BCTV), Kyle Parker, Steve Lembke, Connie Burton, Dolores Clark
PRESENT via ZOOM: Barry Aleshnick, Cynthia Clark, Sarah Rosow, Tammy Sargent, Jason Herron, Anna Klein
- Call to Order by Zon Eastes at 6:30 pm
- Rules of Procedure
- Welcoming of Public Community Comment Period
- Sarah Rosow, Farm & Garden Coordinator at Guilford Central School: PTO is starting; Afterschool Clubs start this fall – soccer and Lego robotics. Looking for volunteers to lead afterschool clubs. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verandah: This weekend is Guilford Fair Sunday, 9.3 and Monday 9.4 http://www.guilfordfairvermont.com. To welcome new residents, Verandah will look for volunteers for personal outreach. Contact: email@example.com
- Changes to Agenda Order NONE
- Approval of Minutes
- Minutes of the regular meeting of 08.14.23
MOTION: Rusty moved to approve the minutes, Verandah seconded. Vote was by voice. Zon, Rusty, Tara, and Verandah were in favor, Michael abstained. Motion passed.
- Updates and Reports
- Town Administrator Erika Elder: Working with IT consultant on software updates and security; winter sand RFP is out; work on Capital Plan and Budget has begun; Potash Road discontinuance hearing is Sept. 6. Town Office will be closed for Labor Day, 9.4 and 9.12 & 13 for staff training.
- Highway Commissioner (not present)
- Emergency Management Director, Dan Ingold: 9.13 Emergency Operations Center volunteers meeting at the Firehouse at 6:30; All Town generators have now been serviced. Green Mountain Power staff came to Guilford to talk about our Resiliency Zone grant application. This is a $4.5 million project, no cost to Town. School as shelter; 6 projects in Guilford for storm hardening. FEMA updated info is on Town website. Will meet with Elly about EMD budget.
- Old Business
- Conflict of Interest info for Town website: Discussion: Tara would like the VT Ethics Commission document to be on our site, and to amend the Conflict of Interest Policy. Tara will write the amendment. Zon suggests creating a page with more info, adding the documents as links. Verandah worries about placing additional burden on town volunteers.
- New Business
- Ruck-Up charity event date
MOTION: Zon moved to approve the Ruck-up date of October 14, rain date Oct. 15. Verandah seconded, Vote was by voice. All were in favor, none were opposed, none abstained. Motion passed.
|Payroll – WE 08.20.23||$7,752.89|
|Payroll – WE 08.27.23||$7,448.12|
|Expense Warrant #2404||$83,264.50|
MOTION: Tara moved to accept warrants as written and Zon seconded. Tara wants to be included in conversations with law firm and wants to know about legal fees.
Vote was by voice. All were in favor, none opposed, none abstained. Motion passed.
- Other Business NONE
Marli Rabinowitz resignation from Conservation Commission. Thanks to Marli for her years of service.
- Executive Session pursuant to 1 V.S.A. § 313 (a)(1)(B) to discuss labor relations agreements with employees.
- MOTION: Zon moved that premature knowledge of discussions could potentially put the Town or the person involved at significant disadvantage. Michael seconded. Vote was by voice. All were in favor. None were opposed. None abstained. Motion carried.
- MOTION: Zon moved to enter into Executive Session at 7:26pm to discuss labor relations agreements with employees per 1 VSA § 313 (a) (1)(B), inviting Erika Elder to participate. Tara seconded. Vote was by voice. All were in favor. None were opposed. None abstained. Motion carried.
- MOTION: Zon moved to exit Executive Session. Rusty seconded. Vote was by voice. All were in favor. None were opposed. Motion carried. Executive Session ended at 7:35
- MOTION: Michael moved to adjust the contract of one employee. Rusty seconded. Vote was by voice. All were in favor. None were opposed. None abstained. Motion carried.
- Actions from Previous Meeting
- Approved minutes of 7.24.23 regular meeting
- Approved Neighborhood Roots ARPA funding request
- Voted to ratify VTrans Curves Project
- Agreed to Update Traffic Ordinance
- Approved Warrants
- Action Taken
- Approved 8.14.23 meeting minutes
- approved Ruck-up date
- Approved Warrants
- Approved adjustment to an Employee Contract
- Actions to be Taken
- Consider amending Conflict of interest Policy
- Consider adjusting Selectboard relationship to Town attorney
- Rusty moved to adjourn and Tara seconded. Vote was by voice. All were in favor. None were opposed. None abstained. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:35
Next meeting is 9.11.23 at 6:30p.m.
VT Ethics Commission Conflict of Interest chart for VT State Officials: https://ethicscommission.vermont.gov/sites/ethics/files/doc_library/Conflict%20of%20Interest%20Quick%20Chart%20%26%20FAQ.pdf