GUILFORD SELECTBOARD – SPECIAL MEETING
Monday, 11.06.2023, 6:30 pm, 236 School Road, Guilford, VT 05301
SELECTBOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Zon Eastes, Chair, Michael Becker (via zoom), Tara Cheney (via zoom), Rusty Marine, Verandah Porche
OFFICIALS/ STAFF PRESENT: Erika Elder (Town Administrator); Sheila Morse (Asst. Town Administrator)
- Call to Order 6:30 pm
- Rules of Procedure (2 minutes)
- Executive Session to discuss personnel issues per 1 V.S.A. § 313 (a)(3) to discuss the appointment or employment or evaluation of a public officer or employee.
MOTION: Zon Moved to enter Executive Session, inviting Erika Elder and Sheila Morse. Rusty seconded. Vote was by roll call. All were in favor. None opposed, none abstained. Motion passed. Executive Session entered at 6:33pm.
- MOTION: Zon Moved to exit Executive Session at 7:19pm, Rusty seconded. Vote was by roll call. All were in favor. None opposed, none abstained. Motion passed.
- MOTION: Zon moved to approve Town Clerk Danielle Latulippe’s proposal to work 10 hours per week as Assistant Town Clerk until the appointment of a new Assistant Town Clerk. The Selectboard requests status updates at 4 and 8 weeks. Rusty seconded. DISCUSSION: Zon: Town Clerk is an elected position. Vote was by roll call. All were in favor. None opposed, none abstained. Motion passed.
- MOTION: Zon moved to authorize Town Administrator Erika Elder to develop a new position of Office Assistant to assist Treasurer and Town Administrator by creating a Job Description, advertising the opening, conducting interviews, hiring and training new staff member. Verandah seconded. DISCUSSION: Zon: Treasurer was recently changed to appointed position so the Selectboard is more involved. It is presumed that the budget exists to cover. This position is necessary for financial checks and balances. Verandah: Erika and Danielle will create a statement about these changes. Vote was by roll call. All were in favor. None opposed, none abstained. Motion passed.
- Actions Taken
- Approved Town Clerk to temporarily expand position
- Authorized Erika to begin job search for Office Asst
MOTION: Rusty moved to adjourn and Tara seconded. Vote was by roll call, All were in favor. None opposed, none abstained. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 7:19pm
Next Selectboard Meeting:Monday, November 13, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
Zon Eastes, Chair _____________________________________
Michael Becker ____________________________________
Tara Cheney _____________________________________
Rusty Marine _____________________________________
Verandah Porche _____________________________________