Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

ARPA Advisory Committee Minutes

ARPA Advisory Committee Minutes, 11.30.2022

Guilford ARPA Committee Meeting Minutes, 11.30.22, 5:00PM-6:30PM

Present ARPA Committee Members: Jaime Durham, Julie Holland, Patty Bullock, Dan Killay, Vickie Sterling

Selectboard Representatives: Zon Eastes, Verandah Porche

I. Call to Order

II. Recognition of Public

III. Approval of 10.26.22 Minutes and 11.8.22 Minutes

Meeting minutes approved.

IV. Changes to Agenda Order

No changes to agenda order.

V. New Business

  • A) Final Reports on Funding
    • Individual Reports 
    • Remaining Funds Proposal
  • B) Report writing plan and deadline update
  • C) Meeting Dec 7 with Katie Buckley? 

Reviewed individual reports from committee members on perspective projects.  Discussed projects and potential funding opportunities.  Worked on what key projects to include in recommendation to Selectboard.  ARPA committee does not need to recommend allocating all funds, in fact Zon recommended leaving some funds outside of recommendations as Selectboard has a few project ideas in mind already.  Report to include guidance based on survey results and project ideas submitted. Jaime to work on draft of recommendations for Selectboard.  We will review next meeting (Wednesday, 12/7 at 6:30PM).  Katie Buckley will hopefully attend to help review and answer any additional questions.  

VI. Adjournment
Meeting was adjourned at 6:30. 

ARPA Advisory Minutes 09.28.2022

Guilford ARPA Committee Meeting Minutes
September 28, 2022, 6:30PM-7:00PM

Present ARPA Committee Members: Jaime Durham, Julie Holland, Patty Bullock, Dan Killay; Selectboard Representatives: Zon Eastes, Verandah Porche

I. Call to Order
II. Recognition of Public
III. Approval of 9.7.22 Minutes
. Meeting minutes approved
IV. Changes to Agenda Order. No changes to agenda
V. New Business
a. Survey Update
The survey has been open for approx. 10 days. There have been 125 responses, split between online
and mailings. Encourage everyone including committee members to do so. Survey can be found at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8F8WH2M. Based on Katie Buckley’s advice, we added room for
addresses in the event we want to provide any mailing updates. Survey will close on October 20 th . The
mailing surveys need to be entered manually into a google sheets. ARPA committee to coordinate on
sharing the workload for that.

b. Next Steps – How to advise on viable projects once we have survey results
Once committee tabulate results we will have data for each section surveyed. Then committee will
summarize the results. Zon recommends that associating recommended projects associated with the
summary of results. Both the summary and recommended projects will be written up into a report for
the Selectboard.
Committee to post update on the town website with the methods we have utilized so far to gather
feedback from the community, and also a reminder where additional feedback on utilization of the
ARPA funds can be submitted. Dan to draft an update for the town website and send to Jaime. Julie to
post an update to Facebook and the Front Porch Forum to remind people of the survey and the
opportunities to provide feedback as well. Dan and Jamie to do post the following week.
Our next meeting is October 26 th at 6:30PM.

VI. Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 7:00

ARPA Committee Minutes 08.03.22

Guilford ARPA Committee Meeting Minutes, 8.03.22, 5:30 PM-6:30 PM

Present ARPA Committee Members: Jaime Durham, Julie Holland, Vickie Sterling, Patty Bullock, Dan Killay

Selectboard Representatives: Zon Eastes, Verandah Porche

I. Call to Order

II. Recognition of Public

Michael Becker (Selectboard), Ellie

III. Approval of 7.13.22 Minutes

Meeting minutes approved

IV. Changes to Agenda Order 

No changes needed

V. New Business

a. Discussion of Proposed 3-Phase ARPA Process

i. Phase I – Identify Categories (8/1 – 8/31)

Discussion on the focus of what this committee should be doing vs the FAC.  Our charge is surrounding identifying opportunities.  Our short-term focus through August would be to identify categories for potential dissemination of ARPA funds.  Ellie mentioned that the Rec Club is looking for funding for the tennis courts and baseball field at the fairgrounds.  We would want to create categories of ideas to date to be able to survey the community.  

ii. Phase II – Survey on Category Preferences (9/1 – 10/15)

Once the categories are created we would survey the town to get input on how they would spend $100 imaginary dollars towards these categories, not on specific ideas, but rather the categories.  

iii. Phase III – Report on Survey Results (10/15 – 11/30)

Take survey related data to bring category preferences to the Selectboard/Planning Commission/FAC.  Motion passed to adopt this three phase approach.  

b. Work on Categorizing Ideas if Approved

Potential categories: Emergency preparedness, community sustainability and enhancement, housing and residential needs, movement and mobilization

c. Brainstorm on How to Gather More Ideas

Want to include information surrounding gathering ideas on categories/projects the town could utilize the ARPA funds for.  One way is talking to people (potentially canvassing people at the polls or providing them informational letter with email address).  Jaime to create an email address to gather ideas from community.  This could be posted on Front Porch Forum and Facebook, pending approval from Zon on use of email address.  Potentially share information at the Guilford Fair.  Informational piece to be created to describe ARPA goals.  Informational letter to contain announcement of what process is, explanation of what ARPA dollars can be spent on, and an explanation of why we are gathering information/data, providing link for feedback and next steps for the committee.  Next meeting to focus on categorization of submitted ideas (note: these are not applications, just ideas – the charge of this committee does not include taking/approving applications).  

d. Next Steps – Website

e. Advise on Financial Management Funding

V. New Business

Next meeting to be scheduled: August 24th, at 6:30 PM.  Agenda focused on categorization of submitted ideas.  Call to action on informational letter for 8/9.  

VI. Adjournment

Guilford-ARPA-Committee-Meeting-Minutes-8-3-22.docx